Wednesday, May 12, 2010

NYC!

I spent some time in New York last week, and only took three pictures.



Vintage tin tiles!

Sun comin' up!

Beautiful baby kitten!


I looked at lots of art, some of which is still on my mind.

This show by Mamma Andersson and Jockum Nordstrom was one of my favourites. I had seen Jockum Nordstom's work, but never Mamma Andersson's, and I was really taken by it.

Some of my faves





Also saw the Whitney Biennial. My favourite piece was actually part of the permanent collection, Sans II by Eva Hesse.



Eva Hesse has been my favourite artist for years, and seeing this work in person was actually really moving. I was surprised at how visceral of a reaction I felt while looking at it. The photo above is not the actual installation at the Whitney, as this piece has been split up into sections, and is owned by various museums and collectors around the world, but is a similar approximation.

Other highlights were Detroit by Ari Marcopoulos and Untitled by Robert Grosvenor.
This is a video of his work being installed


Art! Who knew it could be so exciting! ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment